Conducted waters. The aqueduct of Colognole through the landscape around Leghorn - Aqueduct Leghorn Landscape Landscape Architecture Built between 1793 and 1872 on the project of famous architects and engineers of Regie Fabbriche Granducali, the aqueduct of Colognole worked for the city until 1957. From that moment it was abandoned and today it supplies only some villages on the hills with water. We face a monumental artefact that has lost the function for which it had been built but has not lost its historical and achitectural value and its relationship with the surrounding landscape. The setting up of this aqueduct has marked the evolution of the territories through which it passed and of the customs of local population. The knowledge of these complex changes over time allows a comprehension of the landscape that helps us to face important issues of conservation and protection. This study frames the subject starting from the increased necessities for water of the city and harbour of Leghorn; then it shows the complex articulation of the long lasting building process of the aqueduct. The last part is dedicated to the importance of geographical knowledge of the landscape, as it emerges from the descriptions of the most famous historical guidebooks of the nineteenth century and from the events related to the construction of the "Aqueduct Promenade".