Trends in middle class as a driver for strategic marketing
Journal Title: MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ
Author/s: Tamer Cavusgil, Simone Guercini
FullText PDF: 51 KB
(DOI is like a bar code for intellectual property: to have more infomation:
- Banerjee A.V., Duflo E. (2008). What is middle class about the middle classes around the world?. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 22(2): 3-28,, DOI: 10.1257/jep.22.2.3
- Blumin S.M. (1989). The emergence of the middle class. Social experiences in the American cities 1760-1900. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Carmichael M. (2011). Marketing myth: the vanishing middle class. Advertising Age, October 17, www.adage.com.
- Coleman R.P. (1983). The continuing significance of social class to marketing. Journal of Consumer Research, 10, 3: 265-280,, DOI: 10.1086/208966
- Hong L. (2014). Marketing to China’s middle class. China Business Review, January 6, www.chinabusinessreview.com.
- Khanna T., Palepu K.G., Sinha J. (2005). Strategies that fit emerging markets. Harvard Business Review, June, 86, 6: 63-76.
- Kharas H. (2010). The emerging middle class in developing countries. OECD Development Centre, Working Paper, 285: 1-61.
- Mukherjee A., Satija D. (2012). The consumption pattern of the rising middle class in India. November 25, www.boaoreview.com
- Prahalad C.K. (2012). Bottom of the pyramid as a source of breakthrough innovations. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 29, 1: 6-12,, DOI: 10.1111/j.1540-5885.2011.00874.x
- Reich R. (2011). The limping middle class. New York Times. September 3, www.nytimes.com.
- Strasser S. (1989). Satisfaction guaranteed. The making of the American mass market. New York: Pantheon Books.
Tamer Cavusgil, Simone Guercini, in "MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ" 3/2014, pp. 7-10, DOI:10.3280/MC2014-003001