From waste to component the use of urban solid waste as material to produce building products
Journal Title: ARCHIVIO DI STUDI URBANI E REGIONALI
Author/s: Massimo Rossetti, Ida Pecorelli, Dolores Carvajal Caro
FullText PDF: 309 KB
(DOI is like a bar code for intellectual property: to have more infomation:
The issue of the reduction, reuse and recycle of urban solid waste is one of the most important and crucial research areas in the context of limiting the impact of human activities on the environment, especially within the Circular Economy context. The paper wants to show the current situation in terms of waste, highlighting their great potential as raw material for the production of products and components for construction, and presents some examples and case studies of applications.
Keywords: Urban solid waste; Circular Economy; building components; plastic materials; recycling
- ARPAV (2016). Rapporto Rifiuti Urbani 2016. Padova: ARPAV – Direzione Generale.
- Chanda M. and Roy S.K. (2007). Plastics Technology Handbook. Boca Raton: CRC Press.
- Hoornweg D. and Bhada-Tata P. (2012). What a Waste. A Global Review of Solid Waste Management. World Bank, Washington, DC, USA.
- Jayaraman K. and Bhattacharya D. (2004). Mechanical performance of wood fibre–waste plastic composite materials. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 41(4): 307-319.
- Commissione Europea. (2008). Direttiva Quadro dei Rifiuti 2008/98/CE. Bruxelles.
- ISPRA – Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale (2016). Rapporto rifiuti urbani. Roma.
- PlasticsEurope – Epro (2016). Plastics – the Facts 2016. An analysis of European plastics production, demand and waste data. Bruxelles.
Massimo Rossetti, Ida Pecorelli, Dolores Carvajal Caro, From waste to component the use of urban solid waste as material to produce building products in "ARCHIVIO DI STUDI URBANI E REGIONALI" 122/2018, pp. 163-176, DOI:10.3280/ASUR2018-122009