Who serves whom? Immigration control, social welfare, and the public interest in a federalist system
Journal Title: MONDI MIGRANTI
Author/s: Eva A. Millona
FullText PDF: 50 KB
(DOI is like a bar code for intellectual property: to have more infomation:
- Aclu Files (2014). First Lawsuit Challenging Officers' Use of SB 1070. Show Me Your Papers. Law, American Civil Liberties Union, Sept. 25.
- Arizona v. U.S., 132 U.S. 2492, 2498 (2012).
- Board of Higher Education Residency Status For Tuition Classification Purposes, ResidencyStatusfor Tuition Classification PurposeswithForm .pdf.
- Cambridge Municipal Code, Ch. 2.123, Cambridge Commission on Immigrant Rights and Citizenship.
- Gaouette N. (2007). In: Gop Race, ‘Sanctuary City’ is a Dangerous Place, Nov. 30. Graham v. Richardson, 403 U.S. 365 (1971) .
- Gzesh S. (2006). Central Americans and Asylum Policy in the Reagan Era. Migration Information Source, April.
- Lucas Guttentag (2012). Discrimination, Preemption, and Arizona’s Immigration Law, 65 Stan. L. Rev. Online 1, June 18.
- Luo M. (2007). A Closer Look at the “Sanctuary City” Argument. New York Times, Nov. 29.
- National Immigrant Law Center, Table (2014). Medical Assistance Programs for Immigrants in Various States, February.
- National Immigration Law Center, Maps (2014). State Laws & Policies on Access to Higher Education for Immigrants, July.
- Policy Order Resolution (2006). 0-16m, May 8.
- Ramakrishnan K., Gulasekaram P. (2014). Understanding Immigration Federalism in the United States. Center for American Progress, 23, March.
- Real ID Enforcement in Brief, Department of Homeland Security
- Rodriguez C. (2013). Law and Borders. Democracy: A Journal of Ideas, 33.
- Tramonte L. (2011). Debunking the Myth of “Sanctuary Cities”. Immigration Policy Center, American Immigration Law Foundation, April.
- U.S. Census, City of Chelsea, 2008-2012
- U.S. Constitution . amend. X. Wong Wing v. U.S., 163 U.S. 228 (1896) (internal citations removed), citing Yick
- Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356 (1886).
Eva A. Millona, in "MONDI MIGRANTI" 2/2015, pp. 221-233, DOI:10.3280/MM2015-002009