The harmonization of the procedure of decision-making in the Common European Asylum System – Mr. J. was right?
Journal Title: MONDI MIGRANTI
Author/s: Francesca Cucchi, Chiara Padoan
FullText PDF: 54 KB
(DOI is like a bar code for intellectual property: to have more infomation:
The Balkan route and landings on the Italian coast are just examples of the way that forced migrants use to reach Europe. There is, however, a silent movement of applicants for international protection within the European territory who are in need of that protection that the Geneva Convention should ensure but that find inhomogeneous application within the Union. Starting from the case of Mr J., the authors will provide food for thought about the level of harmonization of the asylum system in Europea nd how the same reconfigure the movement of refugees and their path to integration.. They will analyze statistics on the first instance decisions by country and nationality and how the mutual recognition of decisions without any real harmonization of decision-making implies real risks of unequal treatment for asylum seekers within the European Union.
- Allen J.G. (2005). Coping with Trauma, Hope Through Understanding. American Psychiatric Publishing, Washington DC.
- Bpb, Current and Future Challenges-the EU's Common Responsibility Cholewinski R., The Need for Effective Individual Legal Protection in Immigration Matters. European Journal of Migration and Law.
- Commissione Europea (2015). Agenda europea sulla migrazione. Bruxelles, 13.5.2015 Com (2015) 240.
- Commissione Europea (2010). Piano di azione in attuazione del programma di Stoccolma, Bruxelles.
- Costello C. (2005). The asylum procedures directive and the proliferation of safe country practices: deterrence, deflection and the dismantling of international protection, European Journal of Migration and Law, 7, 1: 35-69.
- Easo – Easo Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU
- Easo - Easo Annual Report 2011
- Evangelia (Lilian) Tsourdi, EU Asylum Policy: In Search of Solidarity and Access to Protection, Mpc Eiuc. Ezra E. (2004). European Integration and Refugee Protection: The Development of Asylum Policy in the European Union. PhD Thesis, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München.
- Giustozzi A. (2011). Afghanistan: Human Rights and Security Situation. LandInfo, 9, September.
- Lavenex S. and W. Wagner (2007). Which European Public Order? Sources of Imbalance in the European Area of Freedom, Security and Justice, European Security, 16: 225-234.
- Pascale J. (2015). Schengen thirty years on: results, realities, challenges, Fondation Robert Schuman.
- Picum - Platform for International Cooperation on Undocuments Migrants (2014). Norvegia numero record di espulsioni nel 2013. riv. trimestrale gennaio-marzo.
- Unhcr Conclusion 58 (XL) of the Executive Committee of Unhcr’s Programme, ‘Concerning the problem of refugees and asylum-seekers who move in an irregular manner from a country in which they had already found protection’ Unhcr - Western Balkans route , Refugees and migrants on Western Balkans route at increasing risk – Unhcr.
Francesca Cucchi, Chiara Padoan, The harmonization of the procedure of decision-making in the Common European Asylum System – Mr. J. was right? in "MONDI MIGRANTI" 1/2016, pp. 83-95, DOI:10.3280/MM2016-001005