The comforting preparatory treatment: on this side of transference
Journal Title: RICERCA PSICOANALITICA
Author/s: Fabio Beni, Daniele Santoni
FullText PDF: 162 KB
(DOI is like a bar code for intellectual property: to have more infomation:
In this paper the authors try to illustrate the ferenczian’s idea of comforting preparatory treatment at the light of the concept of hypercycle. In this way it’s possible to shift the focus of therapeutic action at the very first phases of the meeting with the patient; sometimes these clinical happenings could be critical in order to face psychopathological actions of the patient, frequently fast and non-negotiable. The authors believe that, in these cases, it’s capital to avoid these traps (called orphic-hypercyclic) in order to guarantee both the development and the beginning of the psychoanalytic process.
Keywords: Comforting preparatory treatment, orpha, Ferenczi, transfert, hypercycle
- Aron L. (1996). A Meetings of Minds: Mutuality in Psychoanalysis. Hillsdale, NJ: The Analytic Press.
- Atwood G.E., Stolorow R.D. (1984). Structures of Subjectivity: Explorations in Psycho-analytic Phenomenology. Hillsdale, NJ: The Analytic Press.
- Bass A. (2007a). When Frame Doesn’t Fit the Picture. Psychoanalytic Dialogues, 17, 1: 1-27.
- Bass A. (2007b). Framing Further Considerations: Reply to Commentaries by Philip Bromberg and Glenn Gabbard. Psychoanalytic Dialogues, 17, 6: 931-943.
- Beni F. & Santoni D. (2014). La dissociazione farmaco-indotta: l’orpha “chimico” come base di una nuova tecnologia analitica. Ricerca Psicoanalitica, XXV, 1: 55-72.
- Bromberg P.M. (1993). Shadow and Substance: A Relational Perspective on Clinical Process. Psychoanalytic Psychology, 10: 147-168.
- Ferenczi S. (1929). The principle of relaxation and neocatharsis. In M. Balint (ed.), Final Contributions to the Problem and Methods of Psychoanalysis. London: Karnac Books, pp. 108-129.
- Ferenczi S. (1932). Il diario clinico. Milano: Raffaello Cortina, 1988.
- Grispini A. (2009). Considerazioni sulla formazione in psicoterapia: alcune raccomanda-zioni generali. In: Pipierno R. (2009). I nodi attuali della psicoterapia. Milano: Fran-coAngeli.
- McWilliams N. (1994). Trad. it.: La diagnosi psicoanalitica. Struttura della personalità e processo clinico. Roma: Astrolabio, 1999.
- Meyerson P.G. (1990). Childhood Dialogues and the Lifting of Repression. New Heaven, CT: Yale University Press.
- Mitchell A.S. (1988). Relational Concepts in Psychoanalysis: An Interpretation. Cambridge, MA: Harward University Press.
- Mitchell A.S. & Aron L. (1999.) Relational Psychoanalysis: The Emergence of a tradition. Hillsdale, NJ: The Analytic press.
- Pizer S.A. (1998). Building Bridges: the Negotiation of Paradox in Psychoanalysis. Hills-dale, NJ: The Analytic Press.
- Seligman S. (2014). Paying Attention and Feeling Puzzled: The Analytic Mindset as an Agent of Therapeutic Change. Psychoanalytic Dialogues, 24, 6: 648-662.
- Smith N.A. (1999). From Oedipus to Orpha: Revisiting Ferenczi and Severn’s Landmark Case. The American Journal of Psychoanalysis, 59, 4: 345-366.
- Wurmser L. (1985). Denial and Split Identity: Timely Issues in the Psychoanalytic Psycho-therapy of Compulsive Drug Users. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 2: 89-96.
Fabio Beni, Daniele Santoni, The comforting preparatory treatment: on this side of transference in "RICERCA PSICOANALITICA" 3/2016, pp. 107-117, DOI:10.3280/RPR2016-003008