Systemic symptoms and their institutional worsening. How to use conscious finality to make a project fail
Journal Title: RICERCA PSICOANALITICA
Author/s: Pietro Barbetta
FullText PDF: 174 KB
(DOI is like a bar code for intellectual property: to have more infomation:
In the present article the creation of symptoms is seen in a case history that I will call Frank-enstein Junior. Junior because the patient is an adolescent on the threshold of coming of age. Frankenstein because his symptoms seem to be steered heteropoietically by the external re-sponses of health institutions and by a three-generation long history that no one in the insti-tutions seems to care about. Frank’s symptoms seem to summarize an old story. But health institutions are not interested in stories and they seem blind in the difficult task of reconstructing the origins of symptoms. In parallel, my contribution starts from the psychoanalytical origins of the systemic approach of the Milan school founded by Luigi Boscolo and Gianfranco Cecchin in the 1970s with reference to Gregory Bateson’s anthropologic approach.
Keywords: Systemics, psychoanalysis, Bateson, symptoms, violence, paranoia, health institutions, social unconscious
- Arnkil T.E., Seikkula J. (2013). Metodi dialogici nel lavoro di rete. Trento: Erikson.
- Bateson G., Ruesh J. (1951). Communication. The Social Matrix of Psychiatry. New York: Norton.
- Bateson G. (1976). Verso un’ecologia della mente. Milano: Adelphi.
- Bateson G. (1982). Mente e natura. Milano: Adelphi.
- Bollas C. (2003). Il mondo dell’oggetto evocativo. Roma: Ubaldini.
- Bonaventura E. (2017). La psicoanalisi. Venezia: Marsilio.
- Boscolo L., Cecchin G., Hoffman L., Penn P. (1984). Milan Systemic Family Therapy, New York: Basic.
- Deleuze G., Guattari F. (1975). L’AntiEdipo. Torino: Einaudi.
- Fachinelli E. (1989). La mente estatica. Milano: Adelphi.
- Ferenczi S. (2003). Diario clinico. Milano: Raffaello Cortina Editore.
- Ferenczi/Groddeck (1987). Corrispondenza – 1921-1933. Roma: Astrolabio.
- Pias C. (2013). Cybernetics, the Macy Conferences. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
Pietro Barbetta, Systemic symptoms and their institutional worsening. How to use conscious finality to make a project fail in "RICERCA PSICOANALITICA" 3/2017, pp. 79-88, DOI:10.3280/RPR2017-003007