Valutare le esperienze di cura: soddisfazione e percezione della qualità dell’assistenza in un gruppo di professionisti italiani
Titolo Rivista: SALUTE E SOCIETÀ
Autori/Curatori: Demetrio Houlis, Paola Cardinali, Mario Giuseppe Cocchi, Donatella Cavanna
Anno di pubblicazione:
Dimensione file: 236 KB
Il DOI è il codice a barre della proprietà intellettuale: per saperne di più:
This research was promoted by an institution that provides care services, with the aim to analyze the level of satisfaction with the healthcare received by a group of Italian profes-sionals, with particular attention to the continuity of the care. The evaluation of patients ex-perience about healthcare can be an important indicator of quality of care, in a patient-centred perspective, with a focus on well-being process. A total of 600 professionals completed a on line self-report questionnaire. The research shows that satisfaction after surgery is less than satisfaction during the taking over and in the moments before the intervention. This result suggests a reflection on the theme of continuity of care and the importance that might have for patients feel accompanied in finding a new condition of health. A therapeutic process can be a salutogenic experience if both physical, emotional and social needs are treated with great attention.
Keywords: Qualità dell’assistenza; centralità del paziente; soddisfazione; continuità delle cure; salutogenesi; modello biopsicosociale.
- Ali F.M., Nikoloski Z., Reka H. (2015). Satisfaction and responsiveness with health-care services in Qatar-evidence from a survey. Health policy (Amsterdam, Netherlands), 119(11): 1499.
- Alivia M., Guadagni P., Roberti di Sarsin P. (2011). Towards salutogenesis in the development of personalized and preventive healthcare. EPMA Journal, 2(4): 381-4.
- Altieri L. (2001). A quali condizioni la valutazione della qualità percepita dai cittadini influisce positivamente sulla qualità dei professionisti e delle organizzazioni. QA (Quality Assurance), 12: 3-12.
- Altieri L., Giarelli G., Maturo A. (2004). Participation and quality evaluation from the point of view of the citizen: Theories and Tools. Salute e Società, 3: 183-211.
- Ávila M., Brandão T., Teixeira J., Coimbra J.L., Matos P.M. (2015). Attachment, emotion regulation, and adaptation to breast cancer: assessment of a mediational hypothesis. Psycho-Oncology, 24(11): 1514-1520.
- Bertakis K.D., Azari R. (2011). Patient-centered care is associated with decreased health care utilization. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, 24: 229-239.
- Bowles K.H., Naylor M.D., Foust J.B. (2002). Patient characteristics at hospital discharge and a comparison of home care referral decisions. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 50: 336-342.
- Cain C.H., Neuwirth E., Bellows J., Zuber C., Green J. (2012). Patient experiences of transitioning from hospital to home: An ethnographic quality improvement project. Journal of hospital medicine, 7(5): 382-387.
- Campbell J.L., Ramsay J., Green J. (2001). Age, gender, socioeconomic, and ethnic differences in patients’ assessments of primary health care. Quality in health care, 10(2): 90-95.
- Charalambous A. (2013). Variations in patient satisfaction with care for breast, lung, head and neck and prostate cancers in different cancer care settings. European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 17(5): 588-595.
- Charalambous A., Papadopoulos R., Beadsmoore A. (2008). Listening to the voices of patients with cancer, their advocates and their nurses: A hermeneutic-phenomenological study of quality nursing care. European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 12(5): 436-442.
- Cleary Jr. P.D., Keroy L., Karapanos G., McMullen W. (1989). Patient assessments of hospital care. Quarterly Review Bulletin, 15(6): 172-179.
- Cleary P.D., McNeil B.J. (1988). Patient satisfaction as an indicator of quality care. Inquiry, 25-36. PMID: 2966123
- Cooper-Patrick L., Gallo J.J., Gonzales J.J., Vu H.T., Powe N.R., Nelson C., Ford D.E. (1999). Race, gender, and partnership in the patient-physician relationship. Jama, 282(6): 583-589.
- DiMatteo M.R., Hays R. (1980). The significance of patients’ perceptions of physician conduct. Journal of community health, 6(1): 18-34., DOI: 10.1007/BF0132405
- Donabedian A. (1990). The seven pillars of quality. Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine, 114(11): 1115-1118. PMID:2241519
- Engel G.L. (1977). The need for a new medical model: a challenge for biomedicine. Science, 196(4286): 129-136.
- Giallauria F., Battimiello V., Veneziano M., De Luca P., Cipollaro I., Buonincontro M., Vigorito C., Del Forno D. (2016). Psychosocial risk factors in cardiac practice. Monaldi Archives for Chest Disease, 68(2): 74-80.
- Hawthorne G., Sansoni J., Hayes L., Marosszeky N., Sansoni E. (2014). Measuring patient satisfaction with health care treatment using the Short Assessment of Patient Satisfaction measure delivered superior and robust satisfaction estimates. Journal of clinical epidemiology, 67(5): 527-537.
- Hays R.D., Kravitz R.L., Mazel R.M., Sherbourne C.D., DiMatteo M.R., Rogers W.H., Greenfield S. (1994). The impact of patient adherence on health outcomes for patients with chronic disease in the Medical Outcomes Study. Journal of behavioral medicine, 17(4): 347-360., DOI: 10.1007/BF0185800
- Hekkert K.D., Cihangir S., Kleefstra S.M., van den Berg B., Kool R.B. (2009). Patient satisfaction revisited: a multilevel approach. Social science & medicine, 69(1): 68-75.
- Jenkinson C., Coulter A., Bruster S., Richards N., Chandola T. (2002). Patients’ experiences and satisfaction with health care: results of a questionnaire study of specific aspects of care. Quality and safety in health care, 11(4): 335-339.
- Kim S.S., Kaplowitz S., Johnston M.V. (2004). The effects of physician empathy on patient satisfaction and compliance. Evaluation & the health professions, 27(3): 237-251., DOI: 10.1177/016327870426703
- Kitson A., Marshall A., Bassett K., Zeitz K. (2013). What are the core elements of patient‐centred care? A narrative review and synthesis of the literature from health policy, medicine and nursing. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 69(1): 4-15.
- Kroll C., Delhey J. (2013). A Happiness nation? Opportunities and challenges of using subjective indicators in policymaking. Social Indicators Research, 11(1): 13-28.
- Lim W.C., Black N., Lamping D., Rowan K., Mays N. (2016). Conceptualizing and measuring health-related quality of life in critical care. Journal of critical care, 31(1): 183-193.
- Luxford K. (2012). What does the patient know about quality? International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 24: 439-440.
- Paul P., Hakobyan M., Valtonen H. (2016). The association between self-perceived health status and satisfaction with healthcare services: Evidence from Armenia. BMC health services research, 16(1): 1.
- Pilpel D. (1996). Hospitalized patients’ satisfaction with caregivers’ conduct and physical surroundings. Journal of general internal medicine, 11(5): 312-314., DOI: 10.1007/BF0259827
- Price R.A., Elliott M.N., Zaslavsky A.M., Hays R.D., Lehrman W.G., Rybowski L., Edgman-Levitan S., Cleary P.D .(2014). Examining the Role of Patient Experience Surveys in Measuring Health Care Quality. Medical Care Research and Review, 71(5): 522-554., DOI: 10.1177/107755871454148
- Ren X.S., Kazis L., Lee A., Rogers W., Pendergrass S. (2001). Health status and satisfaction with health care: a longitudinal study among patients served by the Veterans Health Administration. American Journal of Medical Quality, 16(5): 166-173., DOI: 10.1177/10628606010160050
- Robinson J.D., Heritage J. (2006). Physicians’ opening questions and patients’ satisfaction. Patient education and counseling, 60(3): 279-285.
- Schellenberg J.A., Victora C.G., Mushi A., de Savigny D., Schellenberg D., Mshinda H., Bryce J. (2003). Inequities among the very poor: health care for children in rural southern Tanzania. The Lancet, 361(9357): 561-566., DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(03)12515-
- Sherbourne C.D., Hays R.D., Ordway L., Di Matteo M.R., Kravitz R.L. (1992). Antecedents of adherence to medical recommendations: results from the Medical Outcomes Study. Journal of behavioral medicine, 15(5): 447-468., DOI: 10.1007/BF0084494
- Shrivastava S.R., Shrivastava P.S., Ramasamy J. (2014). Exploring the dimensions of doctor-patient relationship in clinical practice in hospital settings. International journal of health policy and management, 2(4): 159.
- Sommaruga M., Della Porta P. (2013). Qualità dell’assistenza e comunicazione con il paziente. In: Ricci Bitti P.E., Gremigni P., a cura di, Psicologia della salute. Roma: Carrocci Editore, pp.315-328.
- Sommaruga M., Bettinardi O., Opasich C. (2001). Communication between physician and patient with chronic heart decompensation may help to reach the therapeutic objectives. How to make it efficient. Italian heart journal. Supplement: official journal of the Italian Federation of Cardiology, 2(9): 945-957. PMID:11675832
- Viganò G., Zanuso R. (2009). La soddisfazione degli utenti nei servizi sanitari: spunti di riflessione. Mutamento Sociale, 22.
- World Health Organization (2000). The World Health Report 2000. Health Systems: improving performance. Geneva: World Health Organization. Disponibile online: http://www.who.int/whr/2000/en/whr00_en.pdf?ua=1
- Paola Cardinali, Laura Migliorini, Nadia Rania, The Caregiving Experiences of Fathers and Mothers of Children With Rare Diseases in Italy: Challenges and Social Support Perceptions in Frontiers in Psychology 1780/2019 pp. , DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2019.01780
- Laura Migliorini, Paola Cardinali, Nadia Rania, How Could Self-Determination Theory Be Useful for Facing Health Innovation Challenges? in Frontiers in Psychology 1870/2019 pp. , DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2019.01870
Demetrio Houlis, Paola Cardinali, Mario Giuseppe Cocchi, Donatella Cavanna, in "SALUTE E SOCIETÀ" 3/2018, pp. 151-168, DOI:10.3280/SES2018-003011