Managing uncertainty in the start-up environment. Is a business plan an incentive or a limitation?
Journal Title: MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Author/s: Giovanna Mariani, Davide Morelli, Leonardo Bartoloni
FullText PDF: 293 KB
(DOI is like a bar code for intellectual property: to have more infomation:
Keywords: Business plan, uncertainty, simulation models, decision making, start-ups
- Ackelsberg R., Arlow P. (1985), Small businesses do plan and it pays off, Long Range Planning, 18(5), pp. 61-67.
- Acs Z.J, Arenius P., Hay M., Minniti M., (2005), Global entrepreneurship monitor 2004 Executive Report, GEM
- Adner R., Kapoor R. (2010), Value creation in innovation ecosystems: How the structure of technological interdependence affects firm performance in new technology generations, Strategic management journal, 31(3), pp. 306-333.
- Adobor H., Daneshfar A. (2006), Management simulations: determining their effectiveness, Journal of Management Development, 25(2), pp.151-168
- Aldrich H.E., Fiol C.M. (1994), Fools rush in? The institutional context of industry creation, Academy of management review, 19(4), pp. 645-670.
- Aluja G.J. (1999), Investment in uncertainty, Netherlands, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Anderson P.H., Lawton L. (2009), Business simulations and cognitive learning: Developments, desires, and future directions, Simulation & Gaming, 40(2), pp. 193-216.
- Arkebauer J.B. (1995), Guide to writing a High-Impact Business Plan, New York, McGraw-Hill.
- Armington C., Acs Z.J. (2002), The Determinants of Regional Variation in New Firm Formation, Journal Regional Studies, 36(1), pp. 33-45.
- Armstrong J. (1982), The value of formal planning for strategic decisions: review of empirical research, Strategic Management Journal, 3(3), pp. 197-211.
- Audretsch D.B., Thurik A.R. (2001), What’s New about the New Economy? Sources of Growth in the Managed and Entrepreneurial Economies, Industrial and Corporate Change, 10(1), pp. 267-315
- Autio E., Acs Z.J. (2007), Individual and country-level determinants of growth aspiration in new ventures, in A. Zacharakis (ed), Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, Babson Park, MA, Babson College
- Baccarani C. (2009), Il business plan, la fiducia e il tempo degli altri, Sinergie, 27(29), pp. 7-14.
- Bangs D. (1992), The Marketing Plan Guide, Dover, NH, Upstart Publishing.
- Barre R. (1987), Prologue. In Kaufmann A. and Aluja J.G. Tecnicas operativas de gestion para el tratamiento de la uncertidumbre, Barcelona, Hispano Europea.
- Barringer B.R., Ireland R.D. (2008), Entrepreneurship: Successfully, Launching New Ventures (2nd ed.), Upper Saddle River, NY, Pearson/Prentice-Hall.
- Beal R.M. (2000), Competing effectively: Environmental scanning, competitive strategy, and organizational performance in small manufacturing firms, Journal of Small Business Management, 38(1) pp. 27-47.
- Bell Trickett S., Trafton J.G. (2007), “What if…”: The Use of Conceptual Simulations in Scientific Reasoning, Cognitive Science, 31, pp. 843-875.
- Benneworth P., Charles D. (2005), University spin-off policies and economic development in less successful regions: learning from two decades of policy practice, European Planning Studies, 13(4), pp. 537-557.
- Perry C., Gibson B., Dudurovic R. (1992), Strategic Management Processes, Melbourne, Longman Cheshire.
- Berger A.N., Udell G.F. (1998), The economics of small business finance: The roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle, Journal of Banking & Finance, 22(6-8), pp. 613-673.
- Bertei M., Marchi L. (2014), A New Perspective for Accounting-Based Business Planning Simulation: An Integration with Agent-Based Simulation. In: Baglieri D., Metallo C., Rossignoli C., Pezzillo Iacono M. (eds), Information Systems, Management, Organization and Control. Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organisation, vol 6. Springer, pp. 273-287.
- Bewayo E.D (2010), Pre-Start-Up Preparations: Why The Business Plan Isn’t Always Written, The Entrepreneurial Executive, 15, pp. 9-35.
- Bhide A.V. (2000), The Origin and Evolution of New Business, New York, Oxford University Press
- Bird B. J. (1993), Demographic Approaches to Entrepreneurship: the Role of Experience and Background, Advances in Entrepreneurship, Firm, Emergence, and Growth, 1, pp. 11-48.
- Blank S. (2013). Why the lean start-up changes everything. Harvard business review, 91(5), pp. 63-72.
- Blume B.D., Covin J.G. (2011), Attributions to intuition in the venture founding process: Do entrepreneurs actually use intuition or just say that they do?, Journal of Business Venturing, 26(1), pp. 137-151.
- Bosma N., Van Steel A., Suddle K. (2008), The geography of new firm formation: evidence from independent start-ups and new subsidiaries in the Netherlands, International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 4(2), pp. 129-146.
- Borges C., Hashimoto M., Limongi R. (2013), To plan or not to plan? An analysis of the impact of planning on the disbanding or growth of Brazilian start-ups, International, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 18, pp. 349-367.
- Bracker J.S., Pearson J.N. (1986), Planning and financial performance of small, mature firms, Strategic Management Journal, 7(6), pp. 503-522.
- Bracker J.S., Keats B.W., Pearson J.N. (1988), Planning and financial performance among small firms in a growth industry, Strategic Management Journal, 9(6), pp. 591-603.
- Brealey R.A, Myers S.C., Allen F. (2015), Principles of Corporate Finance, McGrawHill.
- Brews P.J., Hunt M.R. (1999), Learning to Plan and Planning to Learn: Resolving the Planning School/Learning School Debate, Strategic Management Journal, 20(10), pp. 889-913.
- Brinckmann J., Grichnik D., Kapsa D. (2010), Should entrepreneurs plan or just storm the castle? A meta-analysis on contextual factors impacting the business planning-performance relationship in small firms, Journal of Business Venturing, 25, pp. 24-40.
- Burke A., Fraser S., Greene F.J. (2010), The Multiple Effects of Business planning on New Venture Performance, Journal of management studies, May, 47(3) pp. 391-416.
- Buttà C. (2003), Elementi per una concettualizzazione del processo genetico, Sinergie, 61/62, pp. 71-95
- Cardoni A., Zanin F., Bartolacci F., Tompson G. (2018), Strategic planning for value creation in business networks. Conceptual framework and theoretical proposals, Management Control, 1, pp. 17-44.
- Carlesi A., Mariani G., Scarfò A. (2017), Academic spin-offs for the local economy growth, Corporate Ownership & Control, 14(2), Winter 2017, Continued – 2.
- Carter N., Gartner W., Reynolds P. (1996), Exploring start-up event sequences, Journal of Business Venturing, 11, pp. 151-166.
- Vesper G.F., Vesper K.H. (1993), Writing a Business Plan: The Total Term Assignment, Bulletin of the Association for Business Communication, 56(2), pp. 29-32.
- Carree M., Van Stel A., Thurik R.,Wennekers S. (2002), Economic Development and Business Ownership: An Analysis Using Data of 23 OECD Countries in the Period 1976-1996, Small Business Economics, November, 19(3), pp 271-290.
- Chandler G.N., Hanks S.H. (1994), Founder Competence, the Environment and Venture Performance., Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice 18(3), pp. 77-90.
- Charnes J. (2012), Financial modeling with crystal ball and excel, Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons.
- Chwolka A., Raith M.G. (2012), The value of business planning before start-up – A decision-theoretical perspective, Journal of Business Venturing, 27, pp. 385-399.
- Clarysse B., Wright M., Lockett A., Mustar P., Knockaert M. (2007), Academic spin-offs, formal technology transfer and capital raising, Industrial and Corporate Change, 16(4), 609-640
- Colombo M., Piva E. (2008), Strengths and weaknesses of academic startups: a conceptual model, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 55(1), pp. 37-49.
- Collyer S., Warren C.M.J. (2009), Project management approaches for dynamic environments, International Journal of Project Management, 27(4), pp. 355-364.
- Crawford-Lucas P.A. (1992), Providing business plan assistance to small manufacturing companies, Economic Development Review, Winter, pp. 54-78.
- Courtney H., Kirkland J., Viguerie P. (1997), Strategy under uncertainty, Harward Business Review, november–December, 1997.
- Davies F, Moutinho L., Hutcheson G. (2005), Constructing a knowledge-based system to aid scenario-based strategic planning: an application to the European airline industry, Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance & Management, 13(2), pp. 61-79
- Davidsson P., Wiklund J. (2001), Levels of analysis in entrepreneurship research: Current research practice and suggestions for the future, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 25(4), pp. 81-100.
- De Bruin A.M., Ferrante F.M. (2011), Bounded Opportunity: A Knowledge-Based Approach to Opportunity Recognition and Development, Entrepreneurship Research Journal, 1(4), pp. 1-21.
- Delmar F., Shane S. (2003), Legitimating first: organizing activities and the survival of new venture, Journal of Business Venturing, 19(3), pp. 385-410.
- Delmar F., Wennberg K. (2010), Knowledge Intensive Entrepreneurship. The Birth, Growth and Demise of Entrepreneurial Firms, MA, USA, Edward Elgar.
- Dearman D., Lechner T.A., Shanklin S.B. (2018), Demand for Management Accounting Information in Small Businesses: Judgment Performance in Business Planning, International Journal of the Academic Business World, 93
- Ebert T., Brenner T., Brixy U. (2018), New Firm Survival: the Interdipendence Beetween Regional Externalities and Innovativeness, Small Business Economics, pp 1-23
- Edelman D.C. (2010), Branding in the digital age. Harvard business review, 88(12), pp. 62-69.
- Edwards F. R., Heggestad A. A. (1973), Uncertainty, market structure, and performance: The Galbraith-Caves hypothesis and managerial motives in banking, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 87(3), pp. 455-473
- E3M Project. (2012), Green paper: Fostering and measuring “third mission” in higher education institutions’, 11 June.
- Webster H.A, Gebhardt C. (2000), The Future of the University and the University of the Future: Evolution of Ivory to entrepreneurial paradigm, Research Policy, 29(2), February, pp. 313-330
- EU.COM (2013), -- http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-13-5_en.htm.
- EU. COM: 2012:0795 (2013), Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European economic and social committee and the committee of the regions entrepreneurship 2020 action plan Reigniting the entrepreneurial spirit in Europe, -- http://www.ipex.eu/IPEXL-WEB/dossier/document/COM20120795.do.
- Fernández-Guerrero R., Revuelto-Taboada L., Simón-Moya V. (2012), The business plan as a project: an evaluation of its predictive capability for business success, The Service Industries Journal, 32(15), pp. 2399-2420.
- Ferradina A., Carriero F. (2010), Il Business plan, guida strategico operativa, III ed., Milano, Ipsoa.
- Ford B.R., Bornstein J.M., Pruitt P.T. (2008), Come si prepara un Business Plan. La guida Ernst&Young, III edizione, Milano, Tecniche Nuove.
- Galati F., Bigliardi B., Petroni A., Marolla G. (2017), Which factors are perceived as obstacles for the growth of Italian academic spin-offs?, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 29(1), pp. 84-104
- Gendron G. (2007), Forget the Elaborate Business plan, Inc. 88-88.
- Ghezzi A. (2013), Revisiting business strategy under discontinuity, Management Decision, 51(7), pp. 1326-1358.
- Gibson B., Cassar G. (2005), Longitudinal analysis of relationships between planning and performance in small firms., Small Business Economics, 25(3), pp. 207-222.
- Gruber M. (2007), Uncovering the value of planning in new venture creation: A process and contingency perspective, Journal of Business Venturing, 22, pp. 782-807.
- Gstraunthaler T., Hendry S. (2011), Entrepreneurial and accounting education through action-based learning: The genesis project., Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, pp 14-125.
- Gumpert D.E. (2002) Burn Your Business plan, Needham, Lauson Publishing.
- Harrison J.R., Lin Z., Carroll G.R. (2007), Simulation modeling in organizational and management research, Academy of management review, 32(4), pp. 1229-1245.
- Henrekson M., Johansson D. (2010), Gazelles as job creators: a survey and interpretation of the evidence, Small Business Economics, 35(2), pp. 227-244.
- Hertz D.B. (1964), Risk Analysis in Capital Investment, Harvard Business Review, 42(1), pp. 95-106.
- Hill T., Westbrook R. (1997), SWOT analysis: it's time for a product recall, Long range planning, 30(1), 46-52.
- Honig B. (2004), Entrepreneurship education: toward a model of contingency based business planning, Academy of management learning and education, 3(3), pp. 258-273.
- Honig B., KarlssonT. (2001), Business plans and the nascent firm: a study of instrumental and institutional theories, Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, Babson Park, MA, Babson College, pp. 13-27.
- Honig B., Karlsson (2004), Institutional forces and written business plan, Journal of Management, 30(1), pp. 29-48.
- Honig B., Samuelsson M. (2014), Data replication and extension: A study of business planning and venture-level performance, Journal of Business Venturing Insights, 1, pp.18-25.
- Hormozi A., Sutton G., Minn M., Lucio W. (2002), Business plans for new or small businesses: paving the path to success, Management Decision, 40(8), pp 755-765.
- Howells J.R.L. (2002), Tacit Knowledge, Innovation and Economic Geography, Urban Studies, 39(5-6), pp. 871-884.
- Humphrey A, (2005), SWOT Analysis for management consulting, in SRI alumniNewletter, SRI International.
- Iacobucci D., Micozzi A. (2015), How to evaluate the impact of academic spin-offs on local development: an empirical analysis of the Italian case, The Journal of Technology Transfer, 40, pp 434-452
- Karger J. (1996), Strategic Planning System Characteristics and Planning Effectiveness in Small Firms, Mid Atlantic Journal of Business, 32(1), pp. 19-35.
- Karlosoon T., Honig B. (2009), Judging a business by its cover: An institutional perspective on new venture san the business plan, Journal of Business Venturing, 24, pp. 27-45.
- Kaplan S.L. (2007), Business strategy, people strategy and total rewards, Benefits & Compensation Digest, 44(9), pp. 13-19.
- Kaplan J., Warren A. (2007), Patterns of Entrepreneurship, NY, John Wiley.
- Katz J.A. (2007), Education and training in entrepreneurship, in Baum J.R., Frese M., Baron R. (2007) The psychology of entrepreneurship, pp. 209-235, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Assiociates, Inc.
- Kawasaki G., (2006), The Zen of Business Plans, December 8, -- http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2006/01/the_zen_of_busi.html.
- Knight F.H. (1921), Risk, uncertainty and profit, New York, AM Kelley.
- Kuehn K.W., Grider D., Sell R. (2009), New Venture Assessment: moving Beyond Business Plan in Introductory Entrepreneurship Course, Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, 1, pp. 67-78.
- Kukreja D. (2013), Strategic Planning: A Roadmap to Success, Ivey Business Journal, September/October, -- http://iveybusinessjournal.com/publication/strategic-planning-a-roadmap-to-success/.
- Ladd T (2016), The limits of the Lean Startup Method, Harvard Business Review, 94(3).
- Landriscina F. (2013), Simulation and Learning: A Model-Centered Approach, New York Springer.
- Lant P. (1991), Measuring outward orientation in developing countries: can it be done?, Policy Research Working Paper Series, 566, The World Bank.
- Lechner C., Lorenzoni G., Tundis E. (2016), Vertical disintegration of production and the rise of market for brands, Journal of Business Venturing Insights, 6, pp. 1-6.
- Lee G. (2000), Business Plan time I well spent, Pacific Business News, 06716/2000.
- Lambing P., Kuehl C.R. (2000), Entrepreneurship, Prentice Hall, Upper saddle River
- Low K.C.P. (2006), Cultural obstacles in growing entrepreneurship: a study in Singapore, Journal of Management Development, 25(2), pp.169-182.
- Lumpkin T.G., Shrader R., Hills G.E. (1998), Does formal business planning enhance the performance of new ventures, in Reynolds, P.D. (Ed.), Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, PandR Pubblication, Babson Park.
- Marchi L. (2009) La pianificazione su ipotesi-obiettivo: dal modello decisionale al modello informatico, Controllo di Gestione.
- McGrath R.G., MacMillan I.C. (1995), Discovery-driven planning, Harvard Business Review 72(1), pp. 44-54.
- Mancuso J.R. (1985), How to write a winning Business Plan, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs.
- Marchi L., Caserio C. (2010), Generating Knowledge by Combining Prediction Models with Information Technology. In: D’Atri A., De Marco M., Braccini A., Cabiddu F. (eds), Management of the Interconnected World. Physica-Verlag HD.
- Mariani G. (2012), Conoscenza e creazione di valore. Il ruolo del Business Plan, Milano, FrancoAngeli.
- Mariani G. (2017), Il contributo delle spin-off accademiche allo sviluppo dell’area locale, in Carlesi A., Marchi L., a cura di, Il capitale relazionale delle università, Pisa, Pisa University Press.
- Mariani G., Carlesi A., Scarfò A. (2018), Academic spinoffs as a value driver for intellectual capital: the case of the University of Pisa, Journal of Intellectual Capital, 19(1), pp. 202-226.
- Marriott N. (2004), Using computerized business simulations and spreadsheet models in accounting education: a case study, Accounting Education. 13(sup1), pp. 55-70.
- Mazzola P. (2003), Il piano industriale. Progettare e comunicare le strategie d’impresa, Università Bocconi Editore
- Mazzarol T. (2001), Do Formal Business Plans really Matter? A Survey of Small Business Owners in Australia, Small Business Research: The Journal of SEAANZ, 9(1), pp. 32-45.
- Mietzner D., Reger G. (2005), Advantages and disadvantages of scenario approaches for strategic foresight, Int. J. Technology Intelligence and Planning, 1(2).
- Mintzberg H. (1973), The Nature of Managerial Work, New York.
- Minniti M., Bygrave W.D., Autio E. (2006), GEM Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: 2005 Executive Report- London Bussiness School.
- Moore J.F. (2006), Business Ecosystems and the View from the Firm, The Antitrust Bullettin, 51(1), pp. 31-75.
- Nicolò D. (2013), Monitoraggio delle sequenze e risultati aziendali, Management Control, 3 pp. 35-50.
- Nicolò D. (2015), Towards a theory on corporate reputation and survival of young firms, in 2nd International Conference “Economic Scientific Research – Theoretical, Empirical and Pratical Approaches, ESPERA 2014, 13-14 November 2014, Bucharest, Romania, Procedia Economics and Finance, 2212-6671, Elsevier B.V.
- Nicolò D., Ferrara N. (2015), Corporate Reputation, Business Plan and Start-up Sustainability, in Nicolò D. (Ed.), Startups and Start-up Ecosystems: Theories, Models and case Studies in the Mediterranean Area, ASERS Publishing, Romania, University of Craiova Printing House.
- Nicolò D. (2017), Young Firms Sustainability and Corporate Reputation: A Comparison of the Survival Rates in the US and EU, in Vasile Andrei J., Nicolò D. (eds.), Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Investments in the Green Economy, Hershey Pa (USA), IGI Global, pp. 1-27.
- Nicolò D., Nania I. (2017), Risk, capitalization and survival of young firms: empirical survey on italian companies. In Dubrovnik International Economic Meeting, 3(1), pp. 2-15. Sveučilište u Dubrovniku.
- Nicolò D. (2018), Carenze informative e vulnerabilità delle imprese giovani: il ruolo del business plan, Management Control, 2, pp 37-52.
- O’Connor T. (1998), Take the initiative to write a viable business plan, Denver Business Journal, 02/09, February, p.21A.
- OECD (1996), Employment and Growth in the Knowledge-Based Economy, Paris, OECD.
- Oliver J.J., Parrett E. (2017), Managing uncertainty: harnessing the power of scenario planning, Strategic Direction, 33(1), pp. 5-6.
- Parnell J.A., Long Z., Lester D. (2015), Competitive strategy, capabilities and uncertainty in small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in China and the United States, Management Decision, 53(2), pp. 402-431.
- Pelham A.M. (1999), Influence of environment, strategy, and market orientation on performance in small manufacturing firms, Journal of business research, 45(1), pp. 33-46.
- Perry C.S. (1988), Venture capital connection: How relationships between founders and venture capitalists affect innovation in new ventures, Academy of Management Executive, 2, pp. 205-212.
- Perry C.S. (2001), The Relationship between Written Business Plans and the Failure of Small Business in the U.S., Journal of Small Business Management, 39(3), pp. 201-208.
- Pinch S.H., Jenkins M., Tallman S. (2003), From ‘Industrial District’ to Knowledge Clusters’: A Model of Knowledge Dissemination and Competitive Advantage in Industrial Agglomerations, Journal of Economic Geography, 3, pp. 373-388.
- Pinson L. (2013), Anatomy of a Business Plan: The Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Business and Securing Your Company’s Future aka associates.
- Román C., Congregado E., Millán J.M. (2013), Start-up incentives: Entrepreneurship policy or active labour market programme, Journal of Business Venturing, 28(1), pp. 151-175.
- Rue L., Ibrahim N. (1998), The relationship Between Planning Sophistication and Performance in Small Business, Journal of Small Business Management, 36(4), pp. 24-32.
- Sahlman W.A. (1990), The Structure and Governance of Venture-Capital Organizations, Journal of Financial Economics, 27(2), pp. 473-521.
- Sahalmn W. (2007), How to write a great business plan, Harward Business Review, Jul-Aug., pp. 98-108.
- Salvador E. (2006), Il finanziamento delle imprese Spinoff. Un confronto fra Italia e Regno Unito, CERIS Working Paper 200612, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth – Moncalieri (TO).
- Sandberg W.R. (1986), New venture performance: The role of strategy and industry structure, Lexington Books.
- Sarasvathy S.D. (2001), Causation and effectuation toward a theoretical shift from economic inevitability to entrepreneurial contingency, Academy of Management Review, 26(2), pp. 243-263.
- Schaefer P. (2011), The Seven Pitfalls of Business Failure and how to avoid them, Attard Communications, -- www.businessknowhow.com/startup/business-failure.htm.
- Schumpeter A. (1934), The Theory of Economic Development: An Inquiry into Profits, Capital, Credit, Interest and Business Cycle, Cambridge, MA: Harvard University press.
- Schwenk C., Shrader C. (1993), Effects of formal strategic planning on financial performance in small firms: a meta analysis, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 17(3), pp. 53-64.
- Sexton D.L., Van Auken P. (1985), A Longitudinal study of Small Business Strategic Planning, Journal of Small Business Management, 23(1), pp. 7-15.
- Shane S., Stuart T. (2002),“Organizational Endowments and the Performance of University Start-ups, Management Decision, 48(1), pp. 154-170.
- Sexton D., Bowman-Upton N. (1991), Entrepreneurship: Creativity and Growth, NY, MacMillan.
- Siropolis N. (1997), Small Business Management, NY, Houghton Mifflin.
- Storey D.J. (1994), Understanding the Small Business Sector, -- Available at SSRN:http://ssrn.com/abstract=1496214.
- Swamidass P.M., Newell W.T. (1987), Manufacturing: Strategy, Environmental Uncertainty and Performance: A Path Analytic Model, Management Science, 33(4), pp. 509-524.
- Tapinos E. (2013), Scenario planning at business unit level, Futures, 47, pp. 17-27.
- Timmons J. (1999), New Venture Creation: Enterpreneurship for the 21st Century, McGraw-Hill, Boston 21st Century (7° Ed.).
- Timmons J., Spinelli S. (2007), New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century (7 ed.), Newark, NJ, McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Thompson J.D. (1967), Decision Making Strategies & Uncertainty, in Organizations in Action: Social Science Bases of Administrative Theory, with a new preface by Mayer N. Zald and a new introduction by W. Richard Scott. New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Thomsen M. (2009), The Dynamic Business plan, Hojbjerg, Thomsen Business Information.
- Vincett P.S. (2010), The economic impacts of academic spin-off companies, and their implications for public policy, Research Policy, 39(6), pp. 736-747.
- Weick K.E.(1972), The Social Psycology of Organizing, NY, Random House.
- Wiltbank R., Dew N., Read S., Sarasvathy S.D. (2006), What to do next? The case for non-predictive strategy, Strategic Management Journal, 27(10), pp. 981-998.
- Ying Y. (2010), SWOT-TOPSIS integration method for strategic decision, E-Business and E-Government (ICEE), 2010 International Conference, pp. 1575-1578.
- Zimmerman M.A., Zeith G.J. (2002), Beyond survival: achieving new venture growth by building legitimacy, Academy of Management Review, 27(3), pp. 414-432.
Giovanna Mariani, Davide Morelli, Leonardo Bartoloni, in "MANAGEMENT CONTROL" 1/2019, pp. 73-96, DOI:10.3280/MACO2019-001004