Parents’ trust in food safety and healthiness of children’s diets: A TPB model explaining the role of retailers and government
Titolo Rivista: Economia agro-alimentare
Autori/Curatori: Biagia De Devitiis, Rosaria Viscecchia, Valentina Carfora, Carla Cavallo, Gianni Cicia, Teresa Del Giudice, Concetta Menna, Gianluca Nardone, Antonio Seccia
Anno di pubblicazione:
Dimensione file: 0 KB
Il DOI è il codice a barre della proprietà intellettuale: per saperne di più:
This study started from the assumption that children’s healthy diets are primarily determined by their parents and their intentions towards serving fruit and vegetables. Although it is widely known that a significant share in fruits and vegetables in children’s diets has several advantages, there are some safety issues that can act as barriers in promoting fruit and vegetable consumption.Therefore, we investigated parents’ determinants in giving fruits and vegetables to their children taking into account that the trust in actors who minimize the presence of risks could be instrumental to understand the whole story. Due to the incidence of childhood obesity, Southern Italy is a suitable case study. An extended Theory of Planned Behavior (tpb) model including trust towards government and retailers has been set up.Results suggested that parental intention to give to their children fruits and vegetables in primarily determined by their perceived behavioral control, then by their attitude and by subjective norm.Trust has been proved to influence parents’ intentions, but only related to retailers and not to government. Furthermore, the model positively explained childrens’ behavior reported by parents.
Keywords: ; Childhood diet; Attitudes; Dietary Patterns; Nutrition Education; Parents
- Ajzen, I. (1991). The theory of planned behavior. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 50(2), 179-211, , DOI: 10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T.
- Alegbeleye, O.O., Guimarães, J.T., Cruz, A.G. & Sant’Ana, A.S. (2018). Hazards of a ‘healthy’ trend? An appraisal of the risks of raw milk consumption and the potential of novel treatment technologies to serve as alternatives to pasteurization. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 82, 148-166, , DOI: 10.1016/j.tifs.2018.10.007.
- Andrews, K.R., Silk, K.S. & Eneli, I.U. (2010). Parents as health promoters: A theory of planned behavior perspective on the prevention of childhood obesity. Journal of Health Communication, 15(1), 95-107.
- Armitage, C.J. & Conner, M. (2001). Efficacy of the Theory of Planned Behaviour: A meta-analytic review. British Journal of Social Psychology, 40(4), 471-499, , DOI: 10.1348/014466601164939.
- Aschemann-Witzel, J., de Hooge, I.D. & Normann, A. (2016). Consumer-Related Food Waste: Role of Food Marketing and Retailers and Potential for Action. Journal of International Food and Agribusiness Marketing, 28(3), 271-285, , DOI: 10.1080/08974438.2015.1110549.
- Baselice, A., Colantuoni, F., Lass, D.A., Nardone, G. & Stasi, A. (2017). Trends in EU consumers’ attitude towards fresh-cut fruit and vegetables. Food Quality and Preference, 59, 87-96, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodqual.2017.01.008.
- Baselice, A., Stasi, A., Diotallevi, F., Marchini, A. & Nardone, G. (2014). “Ready to Eat” and Fresh Products Demand Through Scanner Data. Sustainability of the Agri-Food System: Strategies and Performances, 83.
- Bentler, P.M. (1990). Fit Indexes, Lagrange Multipliers, Constraint Changes and Incomplete Data in Structural Models. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 25(2), 163-172, , DOI: 10.1207/s15327906mbr2502_3.
- Bere, E., van Lenthe, F., Klepp, K.-I. & Brug, J. (2008). Why do parents’ education level and income affect the amount of fruits and vegetables adolescents eat? The European Journal of Public Health, 18(6), 611-615, , DOI: 10.1093/eurpub/ckn081.
- Bere, E., Hilsen, M. & Klepp, K.I. (2010). Effect of the nationwide free school fruit scheme in Norway. British Journal of Nutrition, 104(4), 589-594, , DOI: 10.1017/S0007114510000814.
- Bere, E. & Klepp, K.-I. (2004). Correlates of fruit and vegetable intake among Norwegian schoolchildren: parental and self-reports. Public Health Nutrition, 7(8), 991-998, , DOI: 10.1079/phn2004619.
- Biénabe, E., Boselie, D., Collion, M., … T.F.-… markets. A. place for & 2007, U. (2007). The internationalization of food retailing: opportunities and threats for smallscale producers. In B. Vorley, A. Fearne & D. Ray (Eds.). Regoverning Markets: A Place for Small-Scale Producers in Modern Agrifood Chains? (pp. 3-18). Routledge.
- Bimbo, F., Bonanno, A. & Viscecchia, R. (2015). Adult obesity, food access, and eating habits in Italy: an empirical analysis. British Food Journal.
- Bonanno, A., Bimbo, F., Castellari, E. & Sckokai, P. (2017). Five-a-day, fruit and vegetables portions, and the food environment: the Italian case. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, 39(4), 682-709.
- Brookie, K.L., Mainvil, L.A., Carr, A.C., Vissers, M.C.M. & Conner, T.S. (2017). The development and effectiveness of an ecological momentary intervention to increase daily fruit and vegetable consumption in low-consuming young adults. Appetite, 108, 32-41, , DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2016.09.015.
- Browne, M.W. & Cudeck, R. (1992). Alternative Ways of Assessing Model Fit. Sociological Methods & Research, 21(2), 230-258, , DOI: 10.1177/0049124192021002005.
- Calvo Porral, C. & Levy-Mangin, J.P. (2016). Food private label brands: the role of consumer trust on loyalty and purchase intention. British Food Journal, 118(3), 679-696, , DOI: 10.1108/BFJ-08-2015-0299.
- Carfora, V., Caso, D. & Conner, M. (2016). The role of self-identity in predicting fruit and vegetable intake. Appetite, 106, 23-29, , DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2015.12.020.
- Carfora, V., Cavallo, C., Caso, D., Del Giudice, T., De Devitiis, B., Viscecchia, R., Nardone, G. & Cicia, G. (2019). Explaining consumer purchase behavior for organic milk: Including trust and green self-identity within the theory of planned behavior. Food Quality and Preference, 76, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodqual.2019.03.006.
- Carfora, Valentina, Caso, D. & Conner, M. (2016). Randomized controlled trial of a messaging intervention to increase fruit and vegetable intake in adolescents: Affective versus instrumental messages. British Journal of Health Psychology, 21(4), 937-955, , DOI: 10.1111/bjhp.12208.
- Carfora, Valentina, Caso, D., Palumbo, F. & Conner, M. (2018). Promoting water intake. The persuasiveness of a messaging intervention based on anticipated negative affective reactions and self-monitoring. Appetite, 130, 236-246, , DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2018.08.017.
- Caso, D., Carfora, V. & Conner, M.T. (2016). Predicting intentions and consumption of fruit and vegetables in Italian adolescents effects of anticipated regret and selfidentity. Psicologia Sociale, 11(3), 319-326, , DOI: 10.1482/84668.
- Cavallo, C. & Materia, V.C. (2018). Insects or not insects? Dilemmas or attraction for young generations: A case in Italy. International Journal on Food System Dynamics, 9(3), 226-239, , DOI: 10.18461/ijfsd.v9i3.932.
- Cembalo, L., Caso, D., Carfora, V., Caracciolo, F., Lombardi, A. & Cicia, G. (2019). The “Land of Fires” Toxic Waste Scandal and Its Effect on Consumer Food Choices. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(1), 165, , DOI: 10.3390/ijerph16010165.
- Charlebois, S., Schwab, A., Henn, R. & Huck, C.W. (2016). Food fraud: An exploratory study for measuring consumer perception towards mislabeled food products and influence on self-authentication intentions. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 50, 211-218, , DOI: 10.1016/j.tifs.2016.02.003.
- Conner, M., McEachan, R., Lawton, R. & Gardner, P. (2016). Basis of intentions as a moderator of the intention-health behavior relationship. Health Psychology, 35(3), 219-227, , DOI: 10.1037/hea0000261.
- Darby, M. & Karni, E. (1973). Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud on jstor. The Journal of Law & Economics, 16(1), 67-88.
- de Bruijn, G., Wiedemann, A. & Rhodes, R.E. (2014). An investigation into the relevance of action planning, theory of planned behaviour concepts, and automaticity for fruit intake action control. British Journal of Health Psychology, 19(3), 652-669.
- de Jonge, J., van Trijp, J.C.M., van der Lans, I.A., Renes, R.J. & Frewer, L.J. (2008). How trust in institutions and organizations builds general consumer confidence in the safety of food: A decomposition of effects. Appetite, 51(2), 311-317, , DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2008.03.008.
- de Jonge, J., van Trijp, H., Goddard, E. & Frewer, L. (2008). Consumer confidence in the safety of food in Canada and the Netherlands: The validation of a generic framework. Food Quality and Preference, 19(5), 439-451, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodqual.2008.01.002.
- Del Giudice, T., Cavallo, C. & Vecchio, R. (2018). Credence attributes, consumers trust and sensory expectations in modern food market: Is there a need to redefine their role? International Journal on Food System Dynamics, 9(4), 307-313. , DOI: 10.18461/ijfsd.v9i4.941.
- Fearne, A., Hornibrook, S. & Dedman, S. (2001). The management of perceived risk in the food supply chain: A comparative study of retailer-led beef quality assurance schemes in Germany and Italy. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 4(1), 19-36, , DOI: 10.1016/S1096-7508(01)00068-4.
- Fernqvist, F. & Ekelund, L. (2014). Credence and the effect on consumer liking of food – A review. In Food Quality and Preference, 32(PC), 340-353, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodqual.2013.10.005.
- Gallus, S., Odone, A., Lugo, A., Bosetti, C., Colombo, P., Zuccaro, P. & La Vecchia, C. (2013). Overweight and obesity prevalence and determinants in Italy: an update to 2010. European Journal of Nutrition, 52(2), 677-685.
- Ganesan, S., George, M., Jap, S., Palmatier, R.W. & Weitz, B. (2009). Supply Chain Management and Retailer Performance: Emerging Trends, Issues, and Implications for Research and Practice. Journal of Retailing, 85(1), 84-94, , DOI: 10.1016/j.jretai.2008.12.001.
- Garcia, J.M. & Teixeira, P. (2017). Organic versus conventional food: A comparison regarding food safety. Food Reviews International, 33(4), 424-446, , DOI: 10.1080/87559129.2016.1196490.
- García, M., Fernández, E., Borràs, J.M., Nieto, F.J., Schiaffino, A., Peris, M., Pérez, G. & La Vecchia, C. (2005). Cancer risk perceptions in an urban Mediterranean population. International Journal of Cancer, 117(1), 132-136, , DOI: 10.1002/ijc.21091.
- Giampietri, E., Verneau, F., Del Giudice, T., Carfora, V. & Finco, A. (2018). A Theory of Planned behaviour perspective for investigating the role of trust in consumer purchasing decision related to short food supply chains. Food Quality and Preference, 64, 160-166, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodqual.2017.09.012.
- Gold, L.S., Slone, T.H., Ames, B.N. & Manley, N.B. (2001). Pesticide Residues in Food and Cancer Risk: A Critical Analysis. In R. Krieger (Ed.). Handbook of Pesticide Toxicology (pp. 799-843). Academic Press. -- http://potency.berkeley.edu.
- Guillaumie, L., Godin, G. & Vézina-Im, L.-A. (2010). Psychosocial determinants of fruit and vegetable intake in adult population: a systematic review. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 7(1), 1-12.
- Hammitt, J.K. (1990). Risk Perceptions and Food Choice: An Exploratory Analysis of Organic- Versus Conventional-Produce Buyers. Risk Analysis, 10(3), 367-374, , DOI: 10.1111/j.1539-6924.1990.tb00519.x.
- Henson, S. & Reardon, T. (2005). Private agri-food standards: Implications for food policy and the agri-food system. Food Policy, 30(3), 241-253.
- Hilverda, F. & Kuttschreuter, M. (2018). Online Information Sharing About Risks: The Case of Organic Food. Risk Analysis, 38(9), 1904-1920, , DOI: 10.1111/risa.12980.
- Hobbs, J.E. & Goddard, E. (2015). Consumers and trust. Food Policy, 52, 71-74, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodpol.2014.10.017.
- Hu, L.T. & Bentler, P.M. (1999). Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives. Structural Equation Modeling, 6(1), 1-55, , DOI: 10.1080/10705519909540118.
- Hunsaker, S.L. & Jensen, C.D. (2017). Effectiveness of a parent health report in increasing fruit and vegetable consumption among preschoolers and kindergarteners. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 49(5), 380-386.
- Iacobucci, D. (2010). Structural equations modeling: Fit Indices, sample size, and advanced topics. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 20(1), 90-98, , DOI: 10.1016/j.jcps.2009.09.003.
- Jackson, P. (2010). Food stories: consumption in an age of anxiety. Cultural Geographies, 17(2), 147-165, , DOI: 10.1177/1474474010363844.
- Kahlor, L.A., Mackert, M., Junker, D. & Tyler, D. (2011). Ensuring Children Eat a Healthy Diet: A Theory-Driven Focus Group Study to Inform Communication Aimed at Parents. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 26(1), 13-24, , DOI: 10.1016/j.pedn.2009.10.005.
- Khare, A. & Pandey, S. (2017). Role of green self-identity and peer influence in fostering trust towards organic food retailers. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management.
- Kothe, E.J., Mullan, B.A. & Butow, P. (2012). Promoting fruit and vegetable consumption. Testing an intervention based on the theory of planned behaviour. Appetite, 58(3), 997-1004.
- Kotsanopoulos, K.V. & Arvanitoyannis, I.S. (2017). The role of auditing, food safety, and food quality standards in the food industry: A review. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 16(5), 760-775.
- Kratt, P., Reynolds, K. & Shewchuk, R. (2000). The role of availability as a moderator of family fruit and vegetable consumption. Health Education & Behavior, 27(4), 471-482.
- Ladwein, R. & Sánchez Romero, A.M. (2021). The role of trust in the relationship between consumers, producers and retailers of organic food: A sector-based approach. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 60, 102508, , DOI: 10.1016/j.jretconser.2021.102508.
- Lombardi, A., Carfora, V., Cicia, G., Del Giudice Teresa, Lombardi, P. & Panico, T. (2017). Exploring Willingness to Pay for QR Code Labeled Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: An Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior. International Journal on Food System Dynamics, 08(1), 14-31. -- https://ageconsearch.umn.edu/record/254116/.
- Macready, A.L., Hieke, S., Klimczuk-Kochańska, M., Szumiał, S., Vranken, L. & Grunert, K.G. (2020). Consumer trust in the food value chain and its impact on consumer confidence: A model for assessing consumer trust and evidence from a 5-country study in Europe. Food Policy, 92, 101880, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodpol.2020.101880.
- Magnuson, B.A., Jonaitis, T.S. & Card, J.W. (2011). A Brief Review of the Occurrence, Use, and Safety of Food-Related Nanomaterials. Journal of Food Science, 76(6), R126-R133, , DOI: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2011.02170.x.
- Mcdonald, R.P. (1989). An Index of Goodness-of-Fit Based on Noncentrality. Journal of Classification, 6.
- McEachan, R.R.C., Conner, M., Taylor, N.J. & Lawton, R.J. (2011). Prospective prediction of health-related behaviours with the theory of planned behaviour: A meta-analysis. Health Psychology Review, 5(2), 97-144.
- Meijboom, F.L.B., Visak, T. & Brom, F.W.A. (2006). From trust to trustworthiness: Why information is not enough in the food sector. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, 19(5), 427-442.
- Melbye, E.L., Øverby, N.C. & Øgaard, T. (2012). Child consumption of fruit and vegetables: the roles of child cognitions and parental feeding practices. Public Health Nutrition, 15(6), 1047-1055, , DOI: 10.1017/S1368980011002679.
- Methner, S., Maschkowski, G. & Hartmann, M. (2017). The European School Fruit Scheme: Impact on children’s fruit and vegetable consumption in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Public Health Nutrition, 20(3), 542-548, , DOI: 10.1017/S1368980016002652.
- Meyer, S. B., Coveney, J., Henderson, J., Ward, P. R. & Taylor, A. W. (2012). Reconnecting Australian consumers and producers: Identifying problems of distrust. Food Policy, 37(6), 634-640, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodpol.2012.07.005.
- Nandi, R., Bokelmann, W., Gowdru, N.V. & Dias, G. (2017). Factors Influencing Consumers’ Willingness to Pay for Organic Fruits and Vegetables: Empirical Evidence from a Consumer Survey in India. Journal of Food Products Marketing, 23(4), 430-451, , DOI: 10.1080/10454446.2015.1048018.
- Nuttavuthisit, K. & Thøgersen, J. (2017). The Importance of Consumer Trust for the Emergence of a Market for Green Products: The Case of Organic Food. Journal of Business Ethics, 140(2), 323-337, , DOI: 10.1007/s10551-015-2690-5.
- Ogden, C.L., Flegal, K.M., Carroll, M.D. & Johnson, C.L. (2002). Prevalence and trends in overweight among US children and adolescents, 1999-2000. Journal of the American Medical Association, 288(14), 1728-1732, , DOI: 10.1001/jama.288.14.1728.
- Patrick, H. & Nicklas, T.A. (2005). A Review of Family and Social Determinants of Children’s Eating Patterns and Diet Quality. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 24(2), 83-92, , DOI: 10.1080/07315724.2005.10719448.
- Pearson, N., Biddle, S.J. & Gorely, T. (2009). Family correlates of fruit and vegetable consumption in children and adolescents: a systematic review. Public Health Nutrition, 12(2), 267-283, , DOI: 10.1017/S1368980008002589.
- Pivato, S., Misani, N. & Tencati, A. (2007). The impact of corporate social responsibility on consumer trust: the case of organic food. Business Ethics: A European Review, 17(1), 3-12, , DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-8608.2008.00515.x.
- Reilly, A., Ellard, R. & O’Connor, J. (2010). Food Safety at the National Level – The role of Governments. In O.O. Hanninen, M. Atalay, B.P. Mansourian, A. Wojtezak, S.M. Mahfouz, H. Majewski, E. Elisabetsky, N.L. Etkin, R. Kirby, T.G. Downing & El Gohary. M.I. (Eds.), Medical and Health Sciences: Vol. X (pp. 190-200). Eolss Publisher.
- Reiss, R., Johnston, J., Tucker, K., DeSesso, J.M. & Keen, C.L. (2012). Estimation of cancer risks and benefits associated with a potential increased consumption of fruits and vegetables. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 50(12), 4421-4427, , DOI: 10.1016/j.fct.2012.08.055,
- Rekhy, R. & McConchie, R. (2014). Promoting consumption of fruit and vegetables for better health. Have campaigns delivered on the goals?. Appetite, 79, 113-123, , DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2014.04.012.
- Riebl, S.K., Estabrooks, P.A., Dunsmore, J.C., Savla, J., Frisard, M.I., Dietrich, A.M., Peng, Y., Zhang, X. & Davy, B. M. (2015). A systematic literature review and meta-analysis: The Theory of Planned Behavior’s application to understand and predict nutrition-related behaviors in youth. Eating Behaviors, 18, 160-178), , DOI: 10.1016/j.eatbeh.2015.05.016.
- Riebl, S.K., MacDougal, C., Hill, C., Estabrooks, P.A., Dunsmore, J.C., Savla, J., Frisard, M.I., Dietrich, A.M. & Davy, B.M. (2016). Beverage choices of adolescents and their parents using the theory of planned behavior: a mixed methods analysis. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 116(2), 226-239.
- Sabarwal, A., Kumar, K. & Singh, R. P. (2018). Hazardous effects of chemical pesticides on human health – Cancer and other associated disorders. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, 63, 103-114), , DOI: 10.1016/j.etap.2018.08.018.
- Sapp, S.G., Arnot, C., Fallon, J., Fleck, T., Soorholtz, D., Sutton-Vermeulen, M. & Wilson, J.J.H. (2010). Consumer Trust in the U.S. Food System: An Examination of the Recreancy Theorem. Rural Sociology, 74(4), 525-545, , DOI: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.2009.tb00703.x.
- Schultz, M., Chaney, D. & Debenedetti, A. (2016). An integrative perspective of closeness in retailing: From retailers’ sense-giving to consumers’ sense-making. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 32, 218-226, , DOI: 10.1016/j.jretconser.2016.06.016.
- Schuster, L., Kubacki, K. & Rundle-Thiele, S. (2016). Understanding caregivers’ intentions for their child to walk to school: Further application of the theory of planned behavior. Health Marketing Quarterly, 33(4), 307-320, , DOI: 10.1080/07359683.2016.1240521.
- Singh, J., Crisafulli, B. & Quamina, L.T. (2020). ‘Corporate image at stake’: The impact of crises and response strategies on consumer perceptions of corporate brand alliances. Journal of Business Research, 117, 839-849, , DOI: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.01.014.
- Story, M., Kaphingst, K.M., Robinson-O’Brien, R. & Glanz, K. (2008). Creating Healthy Food and Eating Environments: Policy and Environmental Approaches. Annual Review of Public Health, 29(1), 253-272, , DOI: 10.1146/annurev.publhealth.29.020907.090926.
- Tait, J. & Bruce, A. (2001). Globalisation and transboundary risk regulation: Pesticides and genetically modified crops. Health, Risk and Society, 3(1), 99-112, , DOI: 10.1080/713670175.
- Tallant, A., Rettig, M. & Tennyson, S. (2018). Barriers and Facilitators for Fruit and Vegetable Consumption Among Adults in Rural Counties. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 47(1), 87-100, , DOI: 10.1111/fcsr.12275.
- Tjärnemo, H. & Södahl, L. (2015). Swedish food retailers promoting climate smarter food choices-Trapped between visions and reality? Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 24(C), 130-139, , DOI: 10.1016/j.jretconser.2014.12.007.
- Tognon, G., Hebestreit, A., Lanfer, A., Moreno, L.A., Pala, V., Siani, A., Tornaritis, M., De Henauw, S., Veidebaum, T., Molnár, D., Ahrens, W. & Lissner, L. (2014). Mediterranean diet, overweight and body composition in children from eight European countries: Cross-sectional and prospective results from the idefics study. Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, 24(2), 205-213, , DOI: 10.1016/j.numecd.2013.04.013.
- Trofholz, A.C., Tate, A.D., Draxten, M.L., Neumark-Sztainer, D. & Berge, J.M. (2016). Home food environment factors associated with the presence of fruit and vegetables at dinner: A direct observational study. Appetite, 96, 526-532, , DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2015.10.019.
- Van Boxstael, S., Habib, I., Jacxsens, L., De Vocht, M., Baert, L., Van De Perre, E., Rajkovic, A., Lopez-Galvez, F., Sampers, I., Spanoghe, P., De Meulenaer, B. & Uyttendaele, M. (2013). Food safety issues in fresh produce: Bacterial pathogens, viruses and pesticide residues indicated as major concerns by stakeholders in the fresh produce chain. Food Control, 32(1), 190-197, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodcont.2012.11.038.
- van der Horst, K., Oenema, A., Ferreira, I., Wendel-Vos, W., Giskes, K., van Lenthe, F. & Brug, J. (2006). A systematic review of environmental correlates of obesityrelated dietary behaviors in youth. Health Education Research, 22(2), 203-226, , DOI: 10.1093/her/cyl069.
- Van Kleef, E., Houghton, J.R., Krystallis, A., Pfenning, U., Rowe, G., Van Dijk, H., Van der Lans, I. A. & Frewer, L.J. (2007). Consumer Evaluations of Food Risk Management Quality in Europe. Risk Analysis, 27(6), 1565-1580, , DOI: 10.1111/j.1539-6924.2007.00989.x.
- Verduci, E., Banderali, G., Montanari, C., Berni Canani, R., Cimmino Caserta, L., Corsello, G., Mosca, F., Piazzolla, R., Rescigno, M., Terracciano, L., Troiano, E., Crosa, M., Maffeis, C. & Francavilla, R. (2019). Childhood Dietary Intake in Italy: The Epidemiological “my food diary” Survey. Nutrients, 11(5), 1129, , DOI: 10.3390/nu11051129.
- Wang, E.S.T. & Tsai, M.C. (2019). Effects of the perception of traceable fresh food safety and nutrition on perceived health benefits, affective commitment, and repurchase intention. Food Quality and Preference, 78, , DOI: 10.1016/j.foodqual.2019.103723.
- Wilson, A.E., O’Connor, D.B., Lawton, R., Hill, P.L. & Roberts, B.W. (2016). Conscientiousness and fruit and vegetable consumption: exploring behavioural intention as a mediator. Psychology, Health & Medicine, 21(4), 469-475, , DOI: 10.1080/13548506.2015.1093644.
- Wobker, I., Eberhardt, T. & Kenning, P. (2015). Consumer confusion in German food retailing: The moderating role of trust. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 43(8), 752-774, , DOI: 10.1108/IJRDM-07-2012-0061.
Biagia De Devitiis, Rosaria Viscecchia, Valentina Carfora, Carla Cavallo, Gianni Cicia, Teresa Del Giudice, Concetta Menna, Gianluca Nardone, Antonio Seccia, in "Economia agro-alimentare" 2/2021, pp. 1-29, DOI:10.3280/ecag2-2021oa12284